WELCOME

Thank you for checking to see "What Is On My Mind Today!" You will find a wide range of things interest me and I hope you will add your comments too! I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

What's on My Mind Today:  2011!  This year is a special year for me, my 20+ year journey to obtain my bachelor's degree will end May 2011.  While this is a mile stone, the decision to continue my education is the most exciting of all.  I have decided to combine my love of writing and reading and follow my heart and go for my Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing.  The MFA is a terminal degree which means if I chose to stop there, I can teach creative writing and obtain tenure.  But, TODAY, I believe I am going to pursue my doctorate in Literary Journalism.  A combination of my true loves!  I haven't forgotten about library sciences either!

But 2011 also holds many possibilities...I may be chosen to be a Chips Quinn Scholar, which is an honor, but the paid internship with a host newsroom from somewhere in the U. S. is the best.  The invaluable experience I will gain will increase my marketability.  I am also doing an Independent Study in Magazine writing that could land me published in several reputable magazines increasing my chances to be hired where I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment