WELCOME

Thank you for checking to see "What Is On My Mind Today!" You will find a wide range of things interest me and I hope you will add your comments too! I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Insomnia

What's on My Mind TodayI have had this problem for years, ever since I worked for the U.S. Postal Service.  Ensuring your mailman can get the mail to you is a 24-hour operation.  I worked at one of the largest post offices in the Cleveland area and started my shift at midnight or 1 a.m. with mandatory, regular overtime.  But this was way before the Internet became popular and mail volume decreased drastically.

But working that shift for nearly seven years makes it impossible to sleep like normal people without the use of sleeping aids. This is why I am blogging at nearly 4:30 a.m., but I have been up for over 2 hours.  Tonight, I filled out some job applications which prayerfully will turn into a permanent job.

Since I am up, I am either going to working on my new short story or read a book...that's what I do! 

For all you insomniacs, I hope you get some sleep soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment