WELCOME

Thank you for checking to see "What Is On My Mind Today!" You will find a wide range of things interest me and I hope you will add your comments too! I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Homecoming Weekend, Pretty Much the Same

What's on My Mind Today:  The tradition of homecoming has remained relatively the same with the football game on Friday and dance on Saturday.  It is good to see that some things don't change.  While the dresses, shoes, hair and make-up for the young ladies has definitely changed.  The dresses are shorter, the hair is enhanced with highlights and "weave", and the make-up is sometimes too much!  The attire for the boys see-saws between the traditional "monkey" suit and tie to dress down jeans and tennis shoes.  And again while things change others remain the same with corsages for the young ladies. 

It is nice to see the simple concept of homecoming hasn't changed.  I hope everyone's team won, and everyone has a safe and enjoyable evening out!  No drinking & driving, no drugs and be on time!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment