WELCOME

Thank you for checking to see "What Is On My Mind Today!" You will find a wide range of things interest me and I hope you will add your comments too! I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Roadtrips

What's On My Mind Today:  Depending on your age, you may have fond memories of going to visit grandma or other relatives out-of-town.  Those were the best trips; driving past the 18 wheelers mimicking the pulling of the horn and cheering wildly when they did pull the horn.  Or did your family name all the out-of-state license plates? 

Whatever the game those times are gone.  Roadtrips are almost like being at home.  You have your tv, dvd player, wireless headphones for the kids, or the P3 or Xbox is plugged up.  We used to interact with our parents but not so much any more. 

Gas was cheaper, stopping at a restaurant on the journey was a treat but not anymore.  Times change but was it for the better?  I wish I could keep some of the novelty of those times with the use of GPS! 

Tell me your favorite roadtrip story!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment