WELCOME

Thank you for checking to see "What Is On My Mind Today!" You will find a wide range of things interest me and I hope you will add your comments too! I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Immature People

What's On My Mind Today:  At some time in your life, you must transition from child to adult.  It occurs for boys usually later than girls, but still by the time your are a junior or senior in college, you would think the transition would be complete.  This is just amazing to me because when I was 21 or 22, I was married with 2 children, working a full-time job and attending classes whenever I could at Tri-C (Cuyahoga Community College).  Yet, in my second go round to finish my bachelor's, I find that these people who will be graduating with me in May 2011 are no more prepared to deal with the true pressures of life than they were before entering college. 

Some of them are still trying to prove they know everything and what they are really showing is "I am immature" and wasted 4 years of time and money.  Or they are still playing childish games from junior high.  I feel sorry for them because it won't be their cute faces or fashionable clothing that will keep them employed. 

TRUTH: 
  1. Your parents will not always be there to back you up so stand on your own two feet.
  2. Your boss only cares about your most recent accomplishment...Make yourself an asset to your employer with consistent, dependable work ALL THE TIME.
  3. Avoid office gossip and only talk about your children.  DO NOT tell them how great your girlfriend/ boyfriend is because people are sneaky and may go after your man/woman because of what you spread.  
  4. DO NOT date your co-workers.  True some people have found their soulmates but just as many have had bad breakups that tend to effect the work evironment for both of you and your co-workers.
  5. Establish a strong work ethic, IMMEDIATELY, if you don't already have one.  You cannot fake it til you make it!
  6. Keep your work area clean!
College is where you learn how to survive...I hope you learn it in the next six months because if you don't it will be a very rude awakening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment