WELCOME

Thank you for checking to see "What Is On My Mind Today!" You will find a wide range of things interest me and I hope you will add your comments too! I look forward to reading what you have to say.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Poetry

What's On My Mind Today:   It is my nemesis...I am in a creative writing class and we have to create a portfolio w/ 80-100 lines of poetry.  I just don't get it.  I am in also in an upper level English class and we are reading Emily Dickinson...JUST DON'T GET IT.  Not knocking it...please don't get me wrong.  But what is so damn creative about being illusive?  I get the concrete images telling a story as oppose to the abstract ones.  Its like those artist who splash colors on a canvas and its art.  I re-duplicate it, its trash. 

We have been reading all these authors, some perverse, some seeming mentally off-all accomplished poets...anthologized in literature books and I still for the life of me, CANNOT figure it out. 

So, needless to say, I HATE POETRY.  I am trying to at least respect the authors skills but its not coming easily AT ALL.  So, with everything I have read, I haven't found anything I like.  I like the free verse but no real topics spring to mind.  I have about 40+ lines to still complete. 

My prof throws out 3 words and 3 phrases to as warm ups...send my 3 words and/or phrases and lets see if they spark a poem.  If it does...I will post it, for anyone to creatique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment